Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Jesus Our Healer

There are several promises in the Word of God (The Holy Bible) regarding healing of sicknesses which have been included therein by our loving Heavenly Father for us to believe in them and receive divine healing.
Are you suffering from sickness today?
Are you weak and tired?
Are you in pain?
The Bible says, Jesus carried all your infirmities on the cross.
Jesus has the power and authority to heal you, if you believe in him.

In Matthew Chapter 14 & verse 14 we read,
“When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them and healed their sick”

Will you submit yourself into the loving arms of the Savior Jesus Christ? He will not only heal you, but give you new strength. He will renew your body and mind in a way that you have never known before.
Before you pray the prayer for healing, check yourself whether you have asked for forgiveness of your sins from the Heavenly Father. If you have not yet repented of your sins and received Jesus as your Savior and Lord, you can pray this prayer now.

Dear Father in Heaven,
I confess that I am a sinner and that I will perish in my sins if I do not accept Jesus as my Savior and Lord. Forgive me all my sins and unrighteousness and wash me with the blood of Jesus and make me a new person this day. I believe in my heart and confess with my mouth that Jesus is your son and He died on the cross at Calvary for my sins and that He was resurrected and ascended to heaven and sits at your right hand with all authority given to Him by you. Fill me with your Holy Spirit and let Him guide me through your Word to live a life, holy and pleasing to you.
In Jesus’ Name,
Amen

Once you have accepted Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, you can approach the throne of grace with confidence and pray and receive healing from him.
One of the important verses regarding healing of sicknesses is found in the book of Exodus.

“If you listen carefully to the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you”(Exodus 15:26).

The Israelites were delivered in Egypt from Pharoah and his armies by God and as they travelled through the wilderness they reached a place called Marah where God performed a miracle for them by turning the bitter water there to sweet. It was here that God gave them this great promise of healing and health.

Yes! He is truly the God who heals you.
Can you confess that with your mouth?

There is great deliverance for your body by confessing God’s promises of healing. So confess these healing promises audibly as you read them.
In Matthew chapter 8 we read,

“When he came down from the mountain side, large crowds followed him. A man with leprosy came and knelt before him and said, “Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean.”Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,”he said. “Be clean!”Immediately he was cured of his leprosy. Then Jesus said to him, “See that you don’t tell anyone. But go, show yourself to the priest and offer the gift Moses commanded, as a testimony to them”(Matthew 8:1-4).

Dear Brother, Dear Sister,
Jesus is eager to heal you. Believe in him. Once my 2 year old daughter suffered greatly because of incessant vomiting. She became very weak and tired because of this. The medicines that we gave her had very little effect. As she lay very tired one night, God reminded me of a wonderful promise from His Word.
Believing that promise in my heart and keeping her condition in my mind, I confessed that single promise one whole night in prayer to God. And God did a wonderful miracle. He healed her totally and gave her new strength.
That promise is found in Psalm 46.

“God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day”(Psalm 46:5).

What I believed and confessed with my mouth was this,
“God is within her, she will not fall;God will help her at break of day”
You who are suffering from sickness, can now confess this with your mouth.
If you have lost your ability to speak because of sickness, you can meditate on these verses in your heart and say it in your mind.
That too will bring healing. If your children are sick, lay your hands on them and confess these healing promises for them and receive healing from Jesus for them too. God will honour your faith.

In Psalm 103, we read
“Who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases”(Psalm 103:3)
There are numerous sicknesses that afflicts human beings while they live in this world and it is only Jesus who can heal them of each and every one.

We read in the Word of God,
“Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people. News about him spread all over Syria, and people brought to him all who were ill with various diseases, those suffering severe pain, the demon-possessed, those having seizures, and the paralyzed, and he healed them.”(Mathew 4:23,24).

Did you notice?
He healed every disease and sickness among the people.
However great your sickness be, Jesus is able to heal you. Believe in him.
Once when Jesus came to Capernaum, a centurion came to him and told him of a terrible sickness that his servant was suffering from.

We read,
“Lord”, he said, “my servant lies at home paralyzed and in terrible suffering.”Jesus said to him, “I will go and heal him”. The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed.”“When Jesus heard this, he was astonished and said to those following him, “I tell you the truth, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith.”“Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go! It will be done just as you believed it would.”And his servant was healed at that very hour.”(Mathew 8:6-8, 10, 13).

Jesus is willing and ready to honour your faith too. Believe firmly in Him as the centurion did.

In the Gospel of Luke Chapter 4, verse 40 the Bible says
“When the sun was setting, the people brought to Jesus all who had various kinds of sickness, and laying his hands on each one, he healed them.”

When you pray today, believe that He will touch you with His nail pierced hands. His touch will remove every trace of sickness from your body and you will be free.

The Bible says,
“So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed”(John 8:36)

Yet another promise of healing is found in Psalm 107:20
“He sent forth his word and healed them”

You may have heard of and seen missiles and bombs destroying buildings and cities. But here is a weapon, sharper than any double edged sword, able to destroy disease germs and bondages of sicknesses put on you by the enemy.
This unfailing weapon called “The sword of the Spirit”is the mighty “Word of God”.

Our loving Heavenly Father says,
“As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it”(Isaiah 55:10, 11).

Praise be to the Lord who sends his Word and heals us.
Many years back, I suffered from severe tonsillitis for 6 yrs. Atleast twice a year this sickness used to trouble me and when it happened, I found it very difficult to swallow food and even water for atleast a week. I used to sit up all night with fever. My throat used to dry up and I would walk here and there in my room, not knowing what to do. Medicines only had a temporary effect on my sickness but no cure. My medical college professors said that it was due to allergy that this happened.
In 1992 I suffered greatly because of this ailment. I did everything that I could. I had my medicines regularly, I prayed with fervour. Those were the days when I had started learning the Word of God and knowing of what faith in God can do for me. I used to hear a lot of Christian Radio Programmes. One evening someome gave me an audio cassette titled “Living stone and success”. The preacher spoke authoritatively from the Word and then said that he was going to pray for the sick and that those who needed healing may come forward.
I thought in my mind, “It’s true that this message was preached 10 years ago. But if God healed people then, he was able enough to heal me now”
The preacher said, “Lay your right hand on the part of your body that is sick and now let’s pray!”
Quickly I laid my hand on my throat and cried out to God, “God, have mercy and heal me;I am suffering greatly”. “Be healed in Jesus Name”, the preacher said as he prayed. Suddenly I felt a warmth come all over my body. All the pain in my throat vanished. All the fever departed. I felt a new power surge through my body. I knew God had healed me. I praised him loudly, giving thanks for his wonderful love.
It’s been 10 years since the Lord healed me of tonsillitis and till today it has never recurred. Great is his faithfulness.

Do you know why I write this testimony? As I believed and received healing, today you too must believe and receive.
Healing is your’s because God says it is yours. Believe in Him.

We read of another great promise of healing in Isaiah chapter 53, verses 4 and 5
“Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him,and afflicted.But he was pierced for our transgressions,he was crushed for our iniquities;the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,and by his wounds we are healed.”
Did you observe ?
Jesus took up your infirmities,
Jesus carried your sorrows,
Jesus was pierced for your transgressions,
Jesus was crushed for your iniquities,
Jesus took the punishment to bring you peace,
By Jesus wound’s you are healed.
Now believe this and confess it with your mouth.
As you confess these healing promises, you can receive peace, healing and comfort from the Lord.

The Bible says,
“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.”(Hebrews 13:8)
He is an unchanging God
His love for you is great. He wants you to be healed and living a healthy life. So trust in Him and His promises.

In 1996, for 3 months I suffered greatly from a chest ailment. It all started with an allergy to petrol fumes. On inhaling that I used to feel breathless and a tightness in the chest. This increased rapidly with allergy to other smells too and day in and day out I used to feel breathless. To add to this I had a problem of acidity in my stomach. I did not have peace of mind and had very little sleep. I could not work properly at the clinic and could hardly preach. The suffering was terrible. I got some relief from my chest problem on having medicines but the medicines increased the problem in my stomach. This made me quit taking medicines. I prayed and fasted but to no avail. The problem persisted and increased. After one month of suffering thus, one night as I prayed, the Lord spoke to me saying, “You will suffer from these sicknesses for 3 months. After that I will heal and deliver you totally.”
Another 2 months of suffering! I became dejected, but there seemed to be a glimmer of hope. I waited expectantly for the next two months to get over.
The sickness had started on September 16. I kept praying and reminding God often, “Lord remember your promise, You must heal me on December 16th”
The next two months were difficult to get through. It was by sheer grace that I made it to December 16th.
Here was the day that I waited for so anxiously. December 16th came and went but I did not receive the healing.
On 17th I was at my wits end. Anger and grief flooded me.
I told the Lord, “Look Jesus, you said 3 months and now my condition is just the same!”
That night as I sat to pray, I heard the still small voice of the Lord say, “You have forgotten to praise me all the time that you were sick”It was around 11.00 p. m. that I heard the Lord say that. I started praising him, one by one for everything and everyone that my mind focussed on. I kept praising him till late at night and went to sleep praising Him.
In the morning when I woke up, God had worked another great miracle in my life.
Healed and Delivered from 3 months of bodily suffering and mental agony. All gone, when praise ascended to heaven. Praise the Lord!

Dear Brother, Dear Sister, Praise the Lord for a while. Give him thanks for sometime. If you have never praised him, you can do that for the first time now.
Praise Him from your heart. Give thanks to your Master and King.
He loves to hear you praise him. It brings glory to him and victory to you.

In Psalm 147, verse 3, the psalmist says,
“He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.”

Are you broken hearted? Are you tied up with a problem that people cannot redeem you from?
In Luke chapter 7, a few verses from verse 11 speak of Jesus’ compassionate nature for the broken hearted
“Soon afterward, Jesus went to a town called Nain, and his disciples and a large crowd went along with him. As he approached the town gate, a dead person was being carried out , the only son of his mother, and she was a widow. And a large crowd from the town was with her. When the Lord saw her, his heart went out to her and he said, “Don’t cry”(Luke 7:11-13).
Jesus will comfort you from the mental agony that you are going through today. He says,
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid”(Luke 14:27).

The Apostle Paul writing to the Phillippians says,
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”(Philippians 4:6,7).

Jesus will heal your broken heartedness. That is his promise. He will bind up your wonnds. That is his word for you.

Once Jesus told his disciples,
“Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me”(John 14:1).
Yes! Believe in Jesus. Believe in the father. Believe in His Word. That will bring healing.

My wife came to know Christ through the healing that she received from Him.
She had experienced the love of God in a great measure from her childhood onwards. Abundant blessings materially and physically and great peace of mind were gifted to her from God. Her friends and teachers were always eager to know the secret of her all round success.
As she grew up she often used to ask God, “God, why is it that others around me do not experience this great peace that I have? God what is your intention regarding this world filled with unrest and sorrow?”
To her persistant questions to Him, God decided to show her what will happen if he removed his abundant love upon her life.
On March 13th 1983, almost suddenly her mother fell ill. Her life which was a bed of roses till then fell apart almost immediately. She hoped that everything would comeback to normal but things started worsening. She cried to God but he seemed to keep very silent. Every new day brought new troubles. She lost her peace of mind. She felt as if her prayers would never be heard by God again. She started experiencing throbbing headaches.
She wondered, “Is this God’s wrath upon me?”“Perhaps I am very sinful in God’s sight”“Why is God allowing all this?”
She used to vomit all the food that she ate. This made her very weak and tired.
She couldn’t concentrate on her studies. The medicines that she took made her more weary. One evening, after a few months of bodily and mental agony, her friend called her to play.
She thought in her mind, “I’ll play as much as I can today and then die.”For 2 full hours she played badminton. After that her condition worsened. She couldn’t breathe properly. She could not bring words to her mouth to express herself. She felt as though her head would burst any moment because of the headaches. Her surroundings seemed to be blurring. Clutching the walls, she climbed the stairs to her 2nd floor flat with much difficulty and flung herself upon the bed. Death seemed to be very close to her. Panting heavily and suffering greatly, her thoughts shifted once again to God. She said to herself,
“If God heals me now, I will know that he exists, otherwise I will believe that what I thought of him till today was all a lie.”
While she lay thus, her eyes fell upon a new testament lying close to her on the bed. She reached out and opened it. The verse that she read made her laugh inside her.

It said
“I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you”(John 14:18).
All these days she was crying for a healing which never came and now this verse was promising someone coming close to comfort.
Her eyes fell on another verse, It said,
“You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it”(John 14:14).

She read the verse more carefully. Who is this who promises to give anything? What is this name that promises this? When she read a few more verses the knew that it was Jesus, the son of God who promised to give anything that was asked in his name. Till now in her life she had never asked anything in Jesus’ name. She had known God and prayed to him, but due to the lack of knowledge of the Word, never known that Jesus was the cornerstone of her faith and that it was Jesus’ name that mattered most. A new hope sprung up in her. She said to herself,
Jesus says, “If I ask anything in his name, he will give it to me”
“Dear Jesus, she cried, my body and mind need healing. Kindly let this headache go away. I cannot bear it anymore. Kindly heal me dear Jesus.”Time seemed to stand still.
Then she said, “I have done what I had to do, now you must do what you say dear Jesus.”
She started counting the moments in her mind. As she counted to 5, she heard a clicking sound on the right side of her head and the headache disappeared immediately. A great change came over her body and mind. She felt like a new strength coming into her body. Her whole being was flooded with his presence.
Her heart swelled with praise and gratitude towards him. She praised and thanked God for his loving kindness.
That very evening, she accepted Jesus as her Lord and Saviour.
Thus she realized a great truth that day, that the King of kings and Lord of Lords still lives and has all authority with him to heal and deliver.

Yes! Even today there is deliverance in the name of Jesus. Whatever you ask the Heavenly Father in Jesus’ name will be given to you. That is His promise.

In Mark chapter 10, verse 41 onwards we read like this
“Then they came to Jericho. As Jesus and his disciples, together with a large crowd, were leaving the city, a blind man, Bartimaeus (that is, the Son of Timaeus), was sitting by the roadside begging. When he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to shout, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”Many rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!”Jesus stopped and said, “Call him.”So they called to the blind man, “Cheer up! On your feet! He’s calling you.”Throwing his cloak aside, he jumped to his feet and came to Jesus. “What do you want me to do for you?”Jesus asked him. The blind man said, “Rabbi, I want to see”. “Go”, said Jesus, “your faith has healed you.”Immediately be received his sight and followed Jesus along the road”(Mark 10:46-52).

When you pray to Jesus for healing, people may discourage you or mock you. They may say that there is no meaning to all this; nothing will result from this. But do not lose heart. Do not listen to them who undermine your faith.
Cry out to Jesus like the blind beggar Bartimaeus. The merciful Lord will honour your faith in him.
You’ve read the promises of healing. Believe in them from the depth of your heart. Confess them once again with your mouth.
(Say) Jesus is my God who heals me
Jesus heals all my sicknesses
Jesus sends his Word and heals me
Jesus took up my infirmities
Jesus carried my sorrows
Jesus took the punishment to bring me peace
By Jesus wound’s I am healed.
Jesus binds up my wounds
Jesus heals my brokenheartedness
You can confess them again
And then pray this prayer for healing.


PRAYER

Loving Heavenly Father,
I come into your holy presence believing in your promises; have mercy on me and heal me. If there is anything in my life displeasing to you, kindly forgive me the same. Wash me with the blood of Jesus and make me pure, O Lord. I believe that you are the Lord who heals me and that you are all powerful to heal all my sicknesses. Send your Word and heal me now O Lord. Bind my wounds and heal my broken heart dear Lord.
I believe that by Jesus wounds I am healed. Because of your great love and mercy for me, kindly heal me and glorify yourself dear Father.
In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

Please Note
Meditate regularly on the promises of healing that you have read in this chapter.
After Jesus healed the man lying by the pool of Bethesda for 38 years, he said to him
“See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you”(John 5:14).
Be faithful to God after your receive your healing. Live a holy life according to the Word of God.
Those who have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour must take baptism by immersion in water, must worship the Lord in Spirit and in truth, be filled with the Holy Spirit, take Holy Communion regularly, meditate on the Word of God and make prayer and fasting an integral part of their life.
May the Lord richly bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment